Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Today was Electrifying!!!

Yes!!! Finally we have real electricity and power! After much hassle and many phone calls- I finally got someone to move off dead center and get the job done. The power line had been in the ground since August 24th but for some reason MEA could not get it together AGAIN! The story line went like this- I called MEA... the receptionist referred me to "Bob". Bob says "that's not my job" you need to call "Don". I call Don who says "that's not my job", you need to call "Kevin". I call Kevin who tells me the guy I have to speak to- "Sterling" is on vacation until next week. So the next week I call "Sterling" who says "that's not my job"- you need to call "BOB"!!!. So I call BOB and ask him if he knows what his job is.....he was out that afternoon to get the inspection completed that had been holding up our power for over two weeks. Boy was I mad.....these people at MEA are something else. You should see the call log I have been keeping. If it wasn't for the fact that they are the monopoly- I would go elesewhere to get power.

So the picture below are of real electricity and the boiler got fired up today. The house was 60 degrees and just four hours later the floors were warm. The house was 70 degrees.



Sometimes I really don't get the big picture and when it dawns on me.....well then it is really something. Since the telephone company put in the telephone pedestal- there has been a nice tall yellow stick. I thought this was so they could see it when the grass got tall. It occurred to me as it was raining cats and dogs that all of this rain was going to make some great snow when it got cold. THEN I GOT IT>>>>the yellow stick was to show where the pedestal was when the snow got that deep! When I told Mike of this great insight....he just grinned and smiled. I wonder just how high the snow will get on those 9' yellow sticks. As you see....they are attached to all of the services in the picture below!!! Maybe I will need a 9' yellow stick attached to me so I can be seen when it gets too deep around here!!

The sheetrock guys are finally finished. I say finally because it took 10- days timeframe to complete 4 days of actual work. They just spread it out like they have all the time in the world. I was really anxious to get the painting started. Now that I have started the priming- I wish it was completed. The roller is heavy, the ceilings are high and it takes time to do the first coat. Good News!!!! WE HAVE ELECTRICITY!!!

No comments:

Fire in Mat-Su Borough

Fire in Mat-Su Borough
Thick smoke from the local forest fire affected visibility.

Three Moose a Day!

Three Moose a Day!
A neighborhood moose a day keeps the "where's the moose" away!

Just a couple of miles up the Park's Highway....

Just a couple of miles up the Park's Highway....
A view of Denali Park & Chulitna River

You can see forever....

You can see forever....

Moose's Tooth

Moose's Tooth
Just a few miles from the house- the greatest views unobscured by houses, power lines or traffic.

Inside Passage

Inside Passage
What a view